Let the party begin! It's Superbowl season 🏈, and you know what that means…snacks. Your guests will be ready for a bite to eat as soon as they arrive, and even if you can't remember who is playing this year (it's the Los Angeles Rams or Cincinnati Bengals), you may still be excited for the big game.
But wait... your friends and family will probably want party classics like pizza, burgers, etc. But don't be afraid to break tradition! That's why we're sharing some ideas for delicious keto snacks.
You don't even have to be a football fan to enjoy the night, because, with these snacks, you will definitely be on the winning team 🎉.
Keto snacks and finger food 😋
Cauliflower Popcorn 🍿
Servings: 5 / Time: 45 min
- 1 large cauliflower (leaves and stalk removed)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Optional: 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475°F / 250°C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Break cauliflower into small florets.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork, and place them in one shallow bowl. In a second bowl, mix the almond flour, ground flax, garlic powder, parmesan, seasoning, and optional Italian herbs or spices.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in egg mixture, shake off the excess, then dip into the ‘breadcrumb’ mix. Do this in small batches of 3 – 4 florets at a time to prevent too much clumping.
- Place on the baking tray and repeat until all the cauliflower is used up. Drizzle with olive oil or generously spray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until crisp, turning after 15 minutes, depending on how big you cut your florets. The smaller the florets, the less time it may take.
- Remove the cauliflower popcorn from the oven and allow it to cool slightly to crisp up.
Kcal 329 / Protein 16g / Fat 25g / Total Carbohydrates 13g / Net Carbohydrates 6g
Oven-Baked Wings With Blue Cheese Dip 🍗
Servings: 8 / Time: 60 min
- 1.8Kg / 3.9Ibs chicken wings
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 170g / 5.9oz blue cheese, crumbled
Blue cheese dip:
- Use a whisk to stir together all the ingredients, except for the cheese. When well blended, add in blue cheese crumbles and mix well.
- Chill for about 45 minutes before serving.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl; Add in the oil and spices, and stir to coat the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill or bake in an oven at 425°F/ 200°C for about 25 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Place the baked wings in a large bowl and add the Parmesan cheese. Toss the wings in the cheese dip until coated.
- Serve warm together with the dressing and celery stalks.
Kcal 830/ Protein 50g / Fat 67g / Total Carbohydrates 5g / Net Carbohydrates 4g
Low-carb onion rings 🧅
Servings: 4 / Time: 30 min
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan, over medium-low heat.
- While oil heats, whisk the eggs together with coconut flour and a pinch of salt. Whisk until the ingredients are blended.
- Combine the rest of the dry ingredients in another medium-sized bowl.
- Using a fork, completely coat each onion ring with the beaten egg, and then lift and drop the coated onion ring into the flour mixture. Spoon the flour mix over the entire ring, and gently move the rings to a plate.
- Add some rings to a pan, leaving space in between each ring. Fry for about 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown, and then remove to a plate lined with paper towels to cool. Continue this process until done, and then salt to taste.
Kcal 240 / Protein 11g / Fat 18g / Total Carbohydrates 8g / Net Carbohydrates 4g
Portobello Bun Burgers 🍔
Servings: 4 / Time: 30 min
- 8 Portobello mushroom caps
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tsp oregano
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 170g/ 5.9oz beef
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat griddle to high heat.
- In a bowl, combine coconut oil and spices.
- Clean portobello mushrooms by scraping out the gills. Add caps and let them marinate until ready to grill the meat.
- In another bowl, combine ground meat, mustard, salt, pepper, and cheese. Form meat mixture into 4 rounded patties.
- Place “buns” on the grill and let them cook for about 8 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add burgers to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove Portobello caps and burger from the grill, assemble, and add your toppings of choice.
Kcal 668 / Protein 44g / Fat 53g / Total Carbohydrates 11g / Net Carbohydrates 7g
Keto hot dog buns 🌭
Servings: 5 / Time: 60 min
- 2⁄3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl; then bring water to a boil.
- Add vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds.
- Form with moist hands into 5 pieces and roll into hot dog buns. Make sure to leave enough space between them on the baking sheet to double in size.
- Bake on a lower rack in the oven for 40-50 minutes (they will be done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun).
- Serve with sausages and toppings of your choice.
Kcal 100 / Protein 4g / Fat 8g / Total Carbohydrates 5g / Net Carbohydrates 4g
Stock up on sparkling water and keto drinks, including ultra-light beverages for the beer drinkers in the room.
But if you are really planning to be the perfect host, then you can delight your guests with some of the best keto cocktails that are low carb and delicious, from margaritas to martinis to mojitos.
Check our article with some recipes: https://www.eative.com/blog/keto-cocktails
Let the best team win! 💪🏻🏆