When it comes to preparing your Thanksgiving menu, you probably (like all of us) go a little overboard. And that leads to a common annual problem: What to do with the leftovers.
After spending so much time making the best Thanksgiving recipes for your loved ones, you should be able to enjoy the food for more than just one meal. That’s why we’ve put together this quick recipe list that call for your typical Turkey Day ingredients, such as roasted turkey and cranberry sauce (keto version).
Leftover Turkey soup
Servings: 4 / Time: 30 minutes / Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat (cut or torn into bite-sized chunks)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. When melted, add celery and onion. Stir.
- Add carrots, and stir until they are just beginning to soften. Add thyme and black pepper. Continue to cook vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the onion powder. Stream in the broth, while stirring. Stir in turkey meat.
- Bring soup to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Taste and add salt if necessary; Stir in parsley just before serving.
Nutrition facts (x1 serving = 1 ¼ cup)
Kcal: 175 / Protein: 24g / Fat: 27g / Carbohydrates: 5g
Turkey leftovers wraps
Servings: 4 / Time: 15 minutes / Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup keto cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Keto pizza crusts
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, lemon juice, sage, pecans, and cranberries. Stir to combine.
- Add mayonnaise and stir until well coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture among the pizza crust, and roll up tightly. Cut each roll in half and serve.
Nutrition facts (x1 serving = 1 wrap)
Kcal: 457 / Protein: 35g / Fat: 31g / Carbohydrates: 7g
Pancakes with cranberry sauce
Servings: 4 / Time: 20 minutes / Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 drops liquid stevia
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup nut milk (almond, soy or coconut will also work)
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup keto cranberry sauce
- Combine butter, vanilla extract, stevia, eggs, and nut milk into a medium bowl. Combine.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, flax seed meal, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture, and whisk together until you have a uniform batter. Set aside for a couple minutes to allow it to thicken.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-low heat and grease using coconut oil (or olive oil).
- When the skillet is heated, scoop the batter to the skillet. Cook on the first side for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Serve with cranberry sauce as topping.
Nutrition facts (x1 serving = 2 pancakes)
Kcal: 416 / Protein: 15g / Fat: 34g / Carbohydrates: 13g
And last but not least, enjoy!