Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Calories: 321 / Fat: 12g / Protein: 24g / Carbs: 10g / Fiber: 6g
- In a large skillet, brown meat until it breaks up into bits. Once cooked, add in chopped onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Remove meat mixture from heat and add fire-roasted tomatoes, jalapeño, taco seasoning, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 170°C. Using a sharp knife, cut peppers in half lengthwise and use a spoon to discard seeds. Line peppers on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Using a large spoon, divide filling equally between each bell pepper. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until pepper is tender.
- While still hot, top peppers with cilantro, avocado, green onions, and more cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
If you’ve got some leftover ground turkey in your fridge and are not quite sure what to make, we’ve got some tasty ideas for you! ⬇️⬇️⬇️ 🍗
Servings: 8 / Cooking time: 1.5 hours / Calories: 411 / Fat: 26g / Protein: 37g / Carbs: 6g / Fiber: 1g
- 1.5 lb / 700g ground turkey or chicken
- 16 oz / 450g alfredo sauce (jarred or homemade)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 12 oz / 340 frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 8 oz / 230g shredded mozzarella
- In a large frying pan, brown and crumble the meat into small pieces. Remove from heat and add alfredo sauce and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ricotta, egg, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic, and onion.
- Spread half the meat in bottom of a large casserole dish. Top with half of ricotta and then half of spinach. Sprinkle half of mozzarella on top. Repeat layers: meat, ricotta, spinach, and then finish with rest of mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cheese on top is golden and bubbles.
Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Servings: 6 (2 lettuce cups) / Cooking time: 10 min / Calories: 162 / Fat: 5g / Protein: 24g / Carbs: 8g / Fiber: 1g
- 1¼ lb / 500g ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp roasted red chili paste
- Pinch of salt
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic, and ginger to pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.
- Combine turkey mixture, onions, and chopped water chestnuts in a large bowl, stirring well, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and roasted red chili paste and drizzle over turkey mixture. Toss to coat completely.
- Add about ¼ cup of turkey mixture to each lettuce leaf, serve, and enjoy!
Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
Servings: 6 / Cooking time: 45 min / Calories: 511 / Fat: 36g / Protein: 48g / Carbs: 12g / Fiber: 2g
- 2 pounds / 1kg lean ground turkey
- 1 1/4 cup grated zucchini, squeezed of excess water
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (use pork rinds for keto version)
- 4 ounces / 115g cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces / 450g jarred marinara sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Add turkey, zucchini, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and breadcrumbs (pork rinds) to a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or spoon, roll about 1.5 ounces of mixture into ball shape.
- Press cube of cheddar cheese into middle of meatball and reform mixture around cheese, so it's completely wrapped. Set aside and repeat with rest of meatball mix.
- Once meatballs are prepped, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, arrange meatballs in skillet and cook until browned on each side.
- Once browned all around, add marinara sauce to skillet and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Simmer for about 5-7 minutes until meatballs are completely cooked through.
- Serve with spiralized zucchini and garnish with fresh parsley.
Turkey Taco Skillet
Servings: 2 / Cooking time: 25 min / Calories: 446 / Fat: 20g / Protein: 61g / Carbs: 6g / Fiber: 2g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 lb / 500g ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add ground turkey and onion powder. Sauté until meat is browned.
- Add paprika, ground cumin, dried oregano, and chopped red bell pepper. Continue to cook until pepper has softened.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese and cook until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and scatter over some chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and sour cream.
Bacon and Mushrooms Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
Servings: 8 / Cooking time: 1.15 hours / Calories: 192 / Fat: 11g / Protein: 16g / Carbs: 3g Fiber: 1g
- 1 ¼ lb /550g ground turkey, or ground beef
- ⅓ cup tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 ½ tbsp golden flax meal, or ¼ cup almond meal instead
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup minced onion (optional, not everybody likes onions)
- 3 cloves peeled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, or 2 tablespoon coconut amino sauce
- 3 slices uncooked bacon
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 180 °C, and grease or oil a standard size loaf pan. In a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Stir occasionally and heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. Stir in, remove from stove top, and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine: ground turkey, tomato sauce, egg, tablespoon flax meal or almond meal, sea salt, and black pepper. Combine thoroughly.
- Add butter mushroom garlic mixture to meatloaf mixture. Stir and combine thoroughly. Add half of meatloaf mixture to pan and spread across bottom of pan with a rubber scraper or back of a spoon.
- Layer 3 slices of uncooked bacon on top of meatloaf layer. Layer optional cheese slices on top of bacon.
- Add other half of meatloaf mixture to top bacon & cheese layer, and spread across loaf pan to cover last layer.
- Bake in oven for 60 minutes. Might need a little more or less time, depending on your oven. Remove from oven, and serve.
Servings: 8 (1.5 cups) / Cooking time: 35 / Calories: 301 / Fat: 18g / Protein: 24g / Carbs: 11g / Fiber: 9g
- 2 pounds / 1 kg ground beef or turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 carton beef broth
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown turkey, jalapeno, and garlic over medium heat in a medium-size saucepan or dutch oven. Drain off any grease.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Allow chili to simmer over medium-low heat uncovered for approximately 30 minutes until tomato juice has reduced and thickened.