Are you a chocolate lover? Then we have good news for you: Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. 💚
Benefits of dark chocolate 🍫
Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet.
Studies show that dark chocolate (not sugary) can improve your health and lower the risk of heart disease.🫀
This doesn’t mean you should eat chocolate every day, and we’re not encouraging you to do so. Remember that chocolate is still loaded with calories and it’s pretty easy to overeat…
If you’re a BIG chocolate fan, a good option would be to eat 1-2 ounces a day (maximum! 🤭).
Cocoa percentage: is it relevant?
Oh, sure it is. Chocolate’s percentage is determined by the amount of cocoa. Let’s take the example of an 85% chocolate tablet; in this case, it will have 85 grams of cocoa per 100 grams of product, and the remaining 15 grams will be sugar.
What about chocolate with nuts? Example: 82% chocolate with almonds. In this case, since it contains almonds, the percentage of sugar will be lower.
On keto, the best option will always be choosing pure raw chocolate. In order to reduce (or camouflage) its bitterness, you can mix it with berries, eat along with a bit of yogurt or add it into your favorite smoothie!
You’re probably craving some chocolate at this point of the reading…so here you have a delicious keto fudge brownies recipe! ⬇️
Very low carb keto brownies
- Servings: 12 brownies
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 3g
- Total carbs: 5g / Net carbs: 3g
Keto brownie ingredients:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 3 large eggs
Instructions for keto brownie recipe:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF. Line a pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine butter with half the chocolate chips and melt on medium heat until warm and melted. Whisk together until glossy and combined.
- In a separate large bowl, add your eggs, and using an electric mixer, beat the eggs until slightly frothy and the whites and yolks and combine.
- Slowly add the chocolate and butter mixture to the eggs and continue mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly, and continue mixing until you are left with a thick, glossy brownie batter. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Transfer your brownie batter into the pan covered with parchment paper. Bake the brownies for 14-18 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean from the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your treat! 🤎