Easter 🐣 is quickly approaching, and let's face it, holidays can be difficult on the keto diet. Large family gatherings might be filled with heavy, carb-laden dishes that can often derail your weight-loss or health-related goals, rapidly.
They don't have to be a source of stress, though! That's why we've compiled a list of our favorite keto dishes 😋 that are ideal for the upcoming spring holiday 🐝.
Egg mice 🐭
Total Carbs: 1g Net Carbs: 1g
- 4 eggs
- 3 radishes
- 8 fresh chives
- 24 black peppercorns, whole
- 200 g cheddar cheese, or any other cheese
- Boil the eggs for at least 10 minutes, so you can cut them into halves without the egg yolks running.
- Place the egg halves on a plate, with the sunny side down. With the tip of a knife, cut two semi-circular slits for the ears. Cut the radishes thinly and gently push down two slices into each egg.
- Poke two tiny holes for the eyes and push in a black peppercorn for each eye, and one for the nose.
- Put a chive leaf under each egg, so it looks like a tail.
- Dice the cheese, and place next to the mice.
Keto pound cake 🍰
Total Carbs: 4g Net Carbs: 2g
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups erythritol
- 8 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz/ 225g cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Toss room temperature butter and erythritol into a mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter and erythritol until smooth. Then, add the softened chunks of cream cheese, and blend together until smooth.
- Add the eggs, lemon extract, and vanilla extract in with the blended ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- In a medium-sized bowl: mix together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the ingredients from the medium-sized bowl into the batter. Use a hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan. Bake for 60-120 minutes, or until smooth in the middle when tested with a toothpick.
- If creating a glaze: blend together the powdered erythritol, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream until smooth. Wait until the pound cake is fully cooled from the oven before spreading the glaze on top.
Cauliflower Waffles 🧇
Servings: 4 (halves)
Total Carbs: 4g Net Carbs: 3g
- 1 ½ cups grated raw cauliflower
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Get your fresh cauliflower and chives ready. Break down the cauliflower into florets so that you can easily grate by hand or in a food processor (with grating attachment).
- Grate cauliflower and cheese using your food processor, then remove the bowl from the base.
- Add chopped chives, 3 eggs, and seasoning to taste.
- Heat waffle maker, and when ready, spoon cauliflower mixture into the waffle maker.
- Let cook, flip, and cook on the other side for 10 minutes.
- Take your pick of what to top it with – you can have eggs benedict style with 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of prosciutto, etc.
Strawberry shortcakes 🍓
Total Carbs: 5g Net Carbs: 4g
- 3 large eggs
- 3 oz / 85g cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 10 medium strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F/180°C. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites until they are fluffy.
- In the container with the yolks, add cream cheese, vanilla, baking powder, and erythritol, and beat until smooth.
- Fold egg whites slowly into the egg yolk mixture. Add about 1/3 the egg white mixture and vigorously fold in, then add the rest a little bit at a time and fold in gently.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes. This should make 10 puff cakes in total (2 puff cakes per strawberry shortcake).
- Once done, whip some heavy cream, and slice some strawberries.
- Assemble the strawberry shortcakes with 2 strawberries and a dollop of heavy cream.
Hope you enjoy these! If you decide to try any of the recipes, let us now via social ➡️ @eative_official