It’s hard not to walk into your local supermarket and be tempted by all of the delicious, tasty, and satisfying sweet treats. There’s candies, cereals, and cookies in almost every aisle; no wonder it’s impossible to resist grabbing something unhealthy when you’re grocery shopping. Unfortunately though… almost all of those snacks are filled with pure sugar 😒
What if you’re looking for a sweet yet nutritious snack? We know that those sweet cravings sometimes can’t be ignored. Luckily, once you know what to look for, you’ll find many options that can satisfy your sweet-tooth craving, but most importantly, are still healthy for you.
Keep scrolling for our top picks of store-bought tasty yet healthy snacks 😍
Snacks aisle 🍬
- If you are a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup fan, but want to avoid the sneaky 24 grams of sugar (yep, you read it right – 24 grams of sugar 😲) you will love “Lily’s Peanut Butter Cups”. They are absolutely delicious, and you can find them at Target!
- Swedish fish, gummy bears… and our personal fav, sour patch kids, are so good, yet sadly, loaded with sugar. However, if you can’t picture your life without candy, we have a solution. “Smart Sweets” created better-for-you versions of gummies that are a lot healthier than the classics. These no-sugar candies are the perfect snack for your next movie night! You can find them at Walmart, Target, and WholeFoods.
- After trying a pack of "SkinnyDipped Lemon Bliss Covered Almonds", you'll never crave a lemon bar again 🍋 Each bag is only 80 calories and packs the perfect combination of tartness and crunchiness. You can also find them at Target.
Baking aisle 🥐
- If your ultimate Sunday breakfast includes pancakes, but you’d rather not consume maple syrup with 53 grams of sugar 😬, then you will love “NuStevia Maple Syrup”. You can find this product at WholeFoods. “Lakanto Maple Syrup” is also a good and similar alternative to stock up on for your next pancake day.
- When's the last time you were able to whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies? If you’re looking for an easy alternative that’s not filled with sugar, be sure to snag a box of “Simple Mills Almond Flour Soft-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies'' 🍪 These tasty cookies are only 110 calories each and are almond flour based, which brings the carb count down. Keep an eye out for them the next time you’re at Walmart or WholeFoods.
If you are craving a milkshake, then this non-dairy “Silk® Chocolate soymilk” beverage will be your new favorite shake 🥤 It's creamy and made with real cocoa, plus one cup contains 30% of your recommended daily value of calcium, so you’ll be taking care of your nutritional needs too! Silk® products can be found at most grocery stores.
Freezer aisle 🧊
- Do you remember growing up and having a slice of confetti cake 🎂at almost every birthday party? Well, this “Party Animal Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt” tastes exactly the same. You won't believe that half a cup only contains 130 calories. It’s so creamy and delicious, and the best part about this ice cream alternative is that every bite contains cake chunks and sprinkles. You can find these at Target.
- If you’ve been known to sneak in a bowl of ice cream 🍨 during breakfast, then acai bowls should be on your shopping list as well. Acai, in addition to being extremely refreshing and tasty, has an ice cream-like consistency, so you’ll get your morning ice cream fix in, but feel just a bit better about your breakfast choice!
Store-bought açaí bowls often contain up to 65 grams of sugar, but luckily not all of them… “Sambazon Unsweetened Açaí Puree Packs” are the perfect base for a low-sugar version of these trendy bowls. You can achieve the same level of sweetness by adding stevia or monk fruit. We recommend topping your bowl 🥣 with nut butter, seeds, and berries to make it the ultimate breakfast meal. You can find these packs at Costco.
- Last but not least, you should definitely try this pillowy ice cream treat. With only 120 calories, “My/Mo S'mores Mochi Ice Cream” will become the perfect dessert for a dinner party! The S'mores flavor is one of our favorites, but you can pick chocolate sundae, vanilla blueberry, dulce de leche, sweet mango, or green tea, among many more flavors. They even have vegan options! You can find them at Walmart and Target.
It’s possible to indulge in sweet treats while still sticking to your meal plan. Substituting these healthy alternatives for when you have a sweet tooth will help you stay on track to reaching your goals!