Whether you’re on a journey to lose weight, get in shape, or accomplish other health goals, you’ve already accomplished a lot just by deciding to pursue a healthy lifestyle.
At the beginning of the ketogenic diet, it can be hard to follow through. The simplest way to keep yourself committed is to make things easier. We are all busy people, so saving time is crucial. ⏰
To help you stick to it, we have prepared some super useful tips and tricks on how to save time while on the keto diet.
👩🏼🍳 Cooking hacks:
- Make cauliflower rice in bulk. You can even freeze individual servings using a muffin tin.
- If you are lucky enough to have an instant pot, you can use it to cook almost everything, such as hard-boiled eggs in bulk, a whole chicken, sous vide egg bites, and most importantly, spaghetti squash in 7 minutes.
- Bulk-bake your bacon. Make the whole package in your oven, and save it in a Tupperware for easy snacking, salad crumbles, etc.
- Chop veggies ahead of time or buy them pre-chopped. Whichever you choose, having vegetables on hand that are already sliced and diced will make it easy to add them to a stir-fry, throw them into a soup, or add to zoodles or burger recipes, and more.
- Don’t fear frozen foods. Frozen spinach and other veggies can be cost-saving, reduce food waste, and help with meal prep on a ketogenic diet. However, make sure whatever frozen foods you use are low in sugar and sodium, as some can be high, as shown on the label.
- Get avocados in a variety of ripeness. As if anyone needed more reasons to love and buy an avocado, it’s pretty much an essential ingredient for those on the keto diet. Purchase some ripe and some unripe so that you will always have the perfect one available, all week long.
🥗 Quick recipes:
- If you are in a rush during the mornings, you can prepare an easy and quick keto “oatmeal” = flaxseed meal + hot water (or coconut/almond/soy milk) + stevia, cinnamon, and nuts/almond butter.
- Freeze butter or coconut oil for easy, bulletproof coffee in the morning.
- Always have a big batch of egg muffins in your freezer or fridge. This can be a perfect breakfast/snack for when you are in a rush.
- Batch-make some keto granola for cold cereal anytime. Just remember that it should only contain nuts and seeds, not cereals!
- Leave shake and smoothie ingredients in baggies. Making a shake is super fast and easy, but not when you need to gather all the ingredients from scratch to throw into the blender. Instead, create “baggies” of keto shakes and smoothies one day per week to keep in the freezer for the next couple of days. You can then open up the baggie, throw everything into the blender, add some liquid, and you’re set.
We hope these keto hacks and tips will help make things easier if you just started your keto diet. 💪🏻
Now staying on keto will be much more effortless (and fun) than before!